All landowners and supporters are invited to join us for a free dinner and project update on Feb. 26th. At dinner we will discuss project updates, the OPSB application, and the PILOT program.
A PILOT sets a consistent annual payment for the life of the project. This payment is made directly to the counties, schools, and townships. Unlike a standard tax on a wind project, which would significantly decrease as the project ages, this payment cannot depreciate over time. The county receives funding similar to what it would under a traditional tax system, but the consistent payments allow for better investment and infrastructure planning within the county.
A PILOT provides the county with the following benefits that would not otherwise be guaranteed:
• $2.7 million per year in Huron and Erie counties for a 300 MW project like Emerson Creek, which cannot depreciate over time
• Fire/emergency responder training and equipment
• Apprenticeship program through a local university to educate and train individuals for careers in the wind and solar energy industries
• Road Use Agreement and bond to repair all roads, bridges, and culverts affected by construction to their preconstruction conditions
• Ohio jobs: Under a PILOT, energy companies must maintain a ratio of at least 50% Ohio-domiciled full-time employees employed in the construction or installation of the project
• Increased Local Funding: The State of Ohio cannot reduce funding based on these payments, whereas with standard taxes, state funding could be reduced. The PILOT ensures that payments to schools would be made in addition to funding provided by the state
- February 26, 2019 at 5:00pm – 7pm
Bierkeller Pub and Grill
600 Southwest St
Bellevue, OH 44811
Google map and directions