Below is a list of descriptions for the types of services that will be needed to construct the Honey Creek Wind project.
Balance of Plant Contractor (Like a General Contractor) – Leads the project, safety, and schedule. Manages all subcontractors.
Civil/Site Contractor – Responsible for building roads and grading around turbine installation.
Foundation Contractor – Responsible for forming, tying rebar, procuring, and pouring concrete foundations.
Electrical Contractor(s) – Responsible for building the substation, transmission line, underground collection lines between turbines, and wiring of the turbine.
Erection/Mechanical Contractor – Responsible for compiling turbine components, erecting turbine tower, and installing turbine generator, hub, and blades.
- Skilled – Skilled labor refers to labor that requires workers who have specialized training or a learned skill-set to perform the work.
- Unskilled – Unskilled labor does not require workers to have special training or skills.
- Carpenters – Concrete form work, stairs, decking (for office trailers).
- Concrete Finishers – Foundation finishing work, O&M walks, and curb.
- Rod Busters – Tie rebar for foundation pours.
- Equipment Operators – Track hoes, bull dozers, motor graders/scrapers, back hoes, track/rubber tire loaders, skid steers, etc.
- Pipefitters – Pipes to walls, structures and fixtures, such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment. Pipefitters measure and mark pipesfor cutting, threading and welding.
- Pipe Welders – Complete each weldto the specified standards using appropriate equipment and materials.
- Riggers – Align, level, and anchor machinery. Attach loads to riggingto provide support or prepare them for moving, using hand and power tools. Attach pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, ceilings, and gin pole booms, using bolts and clamps.
Electricians – Read blueprints or technical diagrams. Install and maintain wiring, control, and lighting systems. Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers. Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices.
Crane Operators – Responsible for operating a stationary or traveling crane to lift, move, position, and reposition loads. Depresses buttons, lifts levers, and ensures load is safely attached to crane before bringing it down.
Project Manager – To plan, budget, oversee, and document all aspects of the specific project.
Superintendent – Trade specific – shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
On-Site QA/QC Managers – Inspect, test, and sample materials or assembled parts or products for defects and deviations from specifications.
- Electrical QA/QC Inspectors
- Multi-disciplined QA/QC inspectors
Site Safety Personnel – Ensures that construction workers are following established policies and safety regulations.
Site Project Scheduler – Organize, implement, and maintain scheduling management system supporting identified projects and their plans. Assist to set up tasks and sub-tasks to ensure satisfactory realization of project contract requirements as scheduled.
Craftworkers – On-site creation or reproduction of objects using a variety of techniques, mainly welding.
Post Construction – Operational and Maintenance Jobs
- Facilities Manager – Oversee the daily operations of wind farms. Responsible for ensuring staff are maintaining and operating the equipment and that the wind farm is producing energy as expected.
- Assistant Facilities Manger – Provide technical and sub-contractor support to the Facility Manager for the operations and maintenance of a wind farm. This includes managing the facility’s sub-contractors, site maintenance and operation, training, equipment testing, and responding to emergencies.
- Wind Turbine Technician – Inspect the exterior and physical integrity of towers. Climb towers to inspect or repair turbine equipment. Collect turbine data for testing or research and analysis.
MINORITY CONTRACTORS AND MATERIALS SERVICES
Surveying – As-builts, alta survey, road and turbine layout
Sanitary Facilities – Port-O-Potty, temporary trailer hook-up
Trucking – Stone hauling, equipment hauling
Pipe – PVC, steel, drain tile repair, irrigation repair
Fuel – Off/On road diesel, gasoline
Batch Plant - On-site
Concrete – Off-Site
Construction material testing
Drilling contractors – Substation piers
Boring contractor – Road and pipe bores
Equipment rentals – Lights, generators, tools, equipment
LOCAL NON-CONSTRUCTION VENDORS
Mobile home parks